Sunday, February 28, 2016






TRUMP CAN'T WIN (I HOPE)

I am a bit scared, I will admit.  But I still have faith that Trump can't win.  We don't have enough uninformed-reality-tv-fan-bigoted-democrat-hating-anarchists in the country to make that happen. As with all candidates, his initial popularity was a reflection of his high level of name recognition.  It then snowballed because he was entertaining, before most people were focusing on the election. Most politically astute people didn't take him seriously as a candidate.  Now we see that the snowball is actually a boulder rolling over the GOP, and the other candidates and the media are scrambling to find a way to push that boulder back up the hill.   Commentators say it is too little too late to stop him.  What a mess.

I am a Democrat, but I don't take pleasure in watching the GOP self-destruct in this way.  Our democracy depends on thoughtful people trusting our Constitution to thoughtful leadership. 

I still believe that cooler heads will prevail and Trump will not be POTUS. Anybody.  Anybody would make a better President. (Except Ted Cruz). ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment