Friday, April 21, 2017



Bill O'Reilly (and all the others -- you know who you are!)


Does anyone care what I think about Bill O'Reilly? Well I'm going to say something anyway. He takes $25 million as he goes out the door, yet he seems to think he has to defend himself; to maintain he did nothing wrong, perhaps because all he did was grunt and talk dirty. He seems to be part of an ignorant group of men who somehow got the idea that treating a woman in the workplace this way flatters her.; that it's a way to make himself (gulp) attractive. He has lived through the last 50 years in the post-woman's movement world and somehow missed the lesson that treating women like this is bullying; it is insulting; it is bad manners; it is crude and boorish; it is verbal rape. Most women have encountered men like this in the workplace at some point in their lives. It happened to me when I was 22. It was upsetting and unnerving; I blamed myself. Decades later, I remember it so clearly and now I am just...... furious. Women, don't let the Bill O's get away with it any longer. Speak up.

No comments:

Post a Comment